RNA Delivery Program
Our RNA delivery program has produced a variety of RNA-containing nanopharmaceuticals that have shown strong potential to overcome the challenges of RNA administration, which has been a major stumbling block for the advancement of this promising class of therapies.
Extensive preclinical testing of Cerulean’s nanopharmaceutical platform has demonstrated it has the potential to unlock the potential of RNA and peptide therapies, which require a suitable carrier into tumor tissue and cells, by:
- Protecting RNA payloads during administration
- Preferentially delivering RNA payloads directly into tumor tissue
- Providing sustained release of RNA payloads in a controlled manner
- Achieving durable in vivo knockdown activity
- Offering a favorable safety profile
We believe that it is simply a matter of time before the class-limiting RNA delivery problem is overcome and patients begin to benefit from the seemingly unlimited potential of RNA therapies. We also believe that we may have an important solution to the vexing delivery problem. We are excited to be able to provide that solution to those companies that remain in the RNA space as well as to those companies that enter that space as an increasing number of successes once again make RNA attractive to drug developers.