Cerulean is a platform-based, product-driven company that develops dynamically tumor-targeted nanopharmaceuticals. Our platform is designed to produce products which selectively destroy tumors while sparing healthy tissue. Our products utilize the large pores in the vasculature of tumors to enter tumors and, once inside the tumor, release drug over time.
Dynamically tumor-targeted nanopharmaceuticals give patients hope for longer overall survival and better quality of life. We define winning the fight against cancer as achieving long term survival with high quality of life, and turning currently incurable cancers into manageable chronic diseases.
Our nanopharmaceutical platform:
- Creates patent-protectable new chemical entities (NCEs) by chemically conjugating active pharmaceutical ingredients inside nanoparticles
- Selectively delivers the therapeutic to tumors while sparing healthy tissue
- Gradually releases the therapeutic within the tumor over time
- Appears to overcome the delivery challenges that have plagued therapeutic peptides and stymied the advancement of RNA therapy
Our pipeline includes:
- CRLX101, which is being tested in multiple Phase 2 trials
- CRLX301, which will enter the clinic in the first half of 2014
- RNA delivery program, which could unlock the enormous potential of nucleotide payloads